Discriminate which blog-posts are shown per category

Ask Theme Settings & Configuration Related Issues Here

Moderator: forum_m

cahlen

Discriminate which blog-posts are shown per category

Post by cahlen » October 1st, 2014, 5:00 pm

Hi there,

I am trying to use the blog function for several section on my website. I.e. I want to use it for Upcoming events, news and as a more traditional blog. A few questions:

1) Is it possible to make several blog pages which displays different posts, for instance per category? I have created a child theme and placed a new page template in there based on the blog-masonry template. The idea is to edit the code so that this new templates behaves exactly like the original blog-masonry template but it only shows selected posts of for instance a certain category. So, I would have 3 categories for posts. News, blog, upcoming events, and one custom page template each. However, I can not find any such option in the code. Any advise?

2) I would also like to discriminate what posts are shown on the front page. Preferrably by some kind of individual post id or similar but for category works as well too. E.g. News category only. I have added the index-blog.php file in my child theme but not made any changes yet. any advise?

Many thanks
/C

Return to “Theme Settings & Configuration”