2 Issues - Slider / header custom logo with text

Ask Theme Settings & Configuration Related Issues Here

Moderator: forum_m

tziady

2 Issues - Slider / header custom logo with text

Post by tziady » October 5th, 2014, 9:16 am

Hello;

I just purchased the premium theme as well as your Lightbox Slider Pro Plugin (Single Application License).
First, my blog (or the start of it can be seen at http://blog.in-design.com).
I was able to include my logo easily; however, I would like the top of the page be similar to my webpages header seen @ https://www.in-design.com

Short of editing the actual header files; what would be the easiest other method. If I have to edit the header, I have no problems doing so; however, I wanted to make sure that there wasn't an easier way of doing this particularly since this is the first premium theme.

Secondly, I had in the past purchased the Lightbox Slider Pro Plugin (Single Application License). Is there anyway I can use that in place of the slider that is part of this premium theme. Additionally, where is the configuration access to the Weblizar Premium Theme default slider.

Thanks allot for the information.

Tamer

admin
Site Admin

Re: 2 Issues - Slider / header custom logo with text

Post by admin » October 5th, 2014, 10:10 am

Hi Tziady

Thanks for using our weblizar Premium theme.

Firstly create a child theme for your customization. By the way child theme is best option for new customization.

For child theme to refer child theme creator plugin link : https://wordpress.org/plugins/orbisius- ... e-creator/

After that add your customization files and edit as per your requirement.

If you have more query let me know.

Thank

tziady

Post by tziady » October 5th, 2014, 6:25 pm

Alright, I went ahead and created the child theme and will work on changes in there. For the header, I am pretty sure I know what I need to do with the header.php file. However, it appears now that I have broken the slider. Anyway to just replace that slider with the premium light slider plugin?

Thanks again for your answer(s).

Tamer

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » October 6th, 2014, 5:02 pm

You missing something wrong.

Please do again in appropriate way.

Thanks

tziady

Post by tziady » October 7th, 2014, 6:28 am

I actually (since I use sliders fairly often) went ahead and purchased the premium lightbox slider. Is there anyway to place that within the weblizar premium theme? Put it in place of the slider that is there by default. Here is my major problem? I am unable to find where and how to edit that default slider? I am searching now on how to update / change that slider and cannot seem to find very much information on the issue. Also, I was basically trying to install a banner in the header so that the blog would look more like my main/primary site. I went ahead and just manually edited the header.php file inside my child theme folder as I could find no real other way of doing it.

Anyway, will research more tonight about the slider and report back. Thanks allot for the continued support and response.

Cheers,
T

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » October 7th, 2014, 4:51 pm

Hi Tziady.

Lightbox slider plugin is gallery Plugin. it is not slider plugin.

For Slider :

You can add more slides with image and content. Using Weblizar slider menu.

Go to admin dashboard => Weblizar slider =>add new slide menu.

After that add image and content or publish slide.

Thanks

tziady

Post by tziady » October 12th, 2014, 10:34 am

Great. I figured it out. Thank you so very much. Here is a question. Is there a way to disable the slider; or change it's size drastically. I am thinking very small unassuming slider in the middle of the page with very little news / blog updates. Not this huge take over the whole site slider? Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Tamer

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » October 13th, 2014, 2:54 pm

@ tziady ,

Slider Height can be change But better customise using child-theme procedure..

Return to “Theme Settings & Configuration”