Contact Form Captcha?

Ask Green Lantern Theme Error & Bug Related Issues Here

Moderator: forum_m

princeaugust

Contact Form Captcha?

Post by princeaugust » January 4th, 2019, 8:38 pm

I wondered what way is there to secure my Contact form in Green Lantern theme. I use other methods to secure comments to block spam with askimet but the Contact form seem to be isolated and I wanted to add a Captcha 2 protection there as some spam is coming in more frequently now. Here is the URL for reference.
https://toysoldierfactory.ie/contact-us/
Maybe I am missing something obvious.

support_staff

Re: Contact Form Captcha?

Post by support_staff » January 5th, 2019, 10:33 am

Hello,

Please update your theme With the latest version 1.4.3 in the new version we added GDPR for secure the contact form.

Before updating the theme, make a child theme of the theme you have this time, then update it.

Thanks.

princeaugust

Post by princeaugust » January 7th, 2019, 8:55 pm

How do I update it? My wordpress admin panel shows no updates (I update every week all updates). I have made a fresh child theme as requested. Do I update the child or original? Not done this before. Current GLP theme is 1.3. Wordpress fully updated past v5.

princeaugust

Post by princeaugust » January 8th, 2019, 12:30 am

OK I found the update for 1.4 on my support account. So I just use wordpress to install it as a new theme? Do I delete the original theme first or does it just overwrite it? I assume I keep the child theme until after installation to active changes. I have not done this before so please forgive my questions.

support_staff

Post by support_staff » January 8th, 2019, 10:28 am

Hi,

Firstly make a child theme of the theme you have this time v1.3 then update your main theme when you update the theme this will automatically overwrite your theme.

That's it.

If any query please let us know.

Thanks.

princeaugust

Post by princeaugust » January 8th, 2019, 7:41 pm

I have the child active and I tried to upload the 1.4 theme but it failed because the folder with 1.3 is already there. So I want to CONFIRM I delete the 1.3 original (not child) and then upload the zip file into its place. Then reactive the original child theme which should connect to 1.4. There is no 'update' feature otherwise.

princeaugust

Post by princeaugust » January 10th, 2019, 6:12 pm

I have deleted the original green lantern theme after making another theme active temporarily, then I uploaded the new version of GLP and activated and registered it (it seems to require me to register it constantly every activation). However the difference between 1.3 and 1.4 does not seem to address the topic of a captcha for the Contact Us form. No difference seems to exist at all. Where is the option to turn on a captcha 2 there to secure the form?

support_staff

Post by support_staff » January 10th, 2019, 6:43 pm

Hello,

In the new version, there is an option for GDPR.

For adding the Captcha you can use this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/google-captcha/

This plugin will help you to sort out the issue.

Let us know if any query.
Thanks.

Return to “Theme Problem, Error & Bug”