export functionality

Newsletter Subscription Form Pro Plugin for WordPress to track Subscribers and send emails. This plugin is a responsive subscription form for blogs and page by widget and shortcode. Allows collecting all visitors to emails Auto and Manually Notify system.

Moderator: forum_m

sensorgrafie

export functionality

Post by sensorgrafie » December 28th, 2016, 11:21 pm

Hi,

when I run an export, the export opens as a PHP page in the browser, but I like to have a CSV file instead that should be downloaded.

Beyond that I noticed that the export is having issues with special character like the German umlauts Ä, ä, Ö, ö, Ü, ü, and the special char ß.
As they appear like ü, ß, ö etc...
Can the code be UTF8?

Next to the above the export "All users" has the format:

Name, Email, Date, Act code, Deact code, Subscription Status

can this please be changed to

Firstname, Lastname, Email, Date, Act code, Deact code, Subscription Status

and also for the other export options, like subscribed (active) users, the same format should apply and used (if it makes sense the act code can be skipped as the users are already active):

and the same should be applied for pending users please.

I'm getting an error when I try to export pending users, but that may be as my list of users does not contain any pending users, but if this is the issue, then you should bring a custom error message instead of a system error message Error 403 / access denied!

Many thanks!

support_staff

Re: export functionality

Post by support_staff » December 29th, 2016, 11:17 am

Here are the update as your queries and issues

1. Beyond that I noticed that the export is having issues with special character like the German umlauts Ä, ä, Ö, ö, Ü, ü, and the special char ß.
As they appear like ü, ß, ö etc...
Can the code be UTF8?
Comment : This is multi language special character issue. We noted this issue and will fixed in next update.

2. Next to the above the export "All users" has the format: Name, Email, Date, Act code, Deact code, Subscription Status can this please be changed to Firstname, Lastname, Email, Date, Act code, Deact code, Subscription Statusand also for the other export options, like subscribed (active) users, the same format should apply and used (if it makes sense the act code can be skipped as the users are already active):

Comment : This option will be changed in our next update soon.

2. I'm getting an error when I try to export pending users, but that may be as my list of users does not contain any pending users, but if this is the issue, then you should bring a custom error message instead of a system error message Error 403 / access denied!

Comment : This is not a error. As our last customization, we recommend that if import user status field is black ( or not matched ), Import process set as a pending user.

sensorgrafie

Post by sensorgrafie » December 29th, 2016, 4:36 pm

support_staff wrote:2. I'm getting an error when I try to export pending users, but that may be as my list of users does not contain any pending users, but if this is the issue, then you should bring a custom error message instead of a system error message Error 403 / access denied!

Comment : This is not a error. As our last customization, we recommend that if import user status field is black ( or not matched ), Import process set as a pending user.
Hello,

I'm not referring to any IMPORT it is all about the EXPORT! When I hit the export button and the result of the export is EMPTY then you will get a system error Error 403 / access denied now you have been thrown out of WP and you need to use the history back button of your browser. This issue should be handled more intelligent and you should catch this error and give a user friendly message instead!

sensorgrafie

Post by sensorgrafie » December 29th, 2016, 4:37 pm

sensorgrafie wrote:when I run an export, the export opens as a PHP page in the browser, but I like to have a CSV file instead that should be downloaded.
Will this also be in the next update then?

support_staff

Post by support_staff » December 30th, 2016, 10:36 am

In our last update ( As your request ), We make some changes in export options. In new changes, All export CSV file will one time create and auto update ( every changes will update it regular ). You can download it from wp-content/uploads/newsletter folder OR By export button.

sensorgrafie

Post by sensorgrafie » December 30th, 2016, 11:43 am

OK got it, I was just wondering why the CSV is always displayed in my browser and not being downloaded automatically, as it does from other sources.

support_staff

Post by support_staff » December 30th, 2016, 3:29 pm

Hi jorg,

After analysis at your end, we find some permission issue in pending users export.
For solution please deleted and comments below code

code : window.location = wnlsp_hidden_url+'/wnl...

Path : plugin-directory\wnlsp-options\js\wnlsp-option-js.js
from line no. : 622

sensorgrafie

Post by sensorgrafie » January 5th, 2017, 11:03 am

support_staff wrote: For solution please deleted and comments below code

code : window.location = wnlsp_hidden_url+'/wnl...

Path : plugin-directory\wnlsp-options\js\wnlsp-option-js.js
from line no. : 622
Hello,

I can confirm after commenting out line 622 there will be an empty export displayed, having just the headers.

Thanks
Joerg

support_staff

Post by support_staff » January 5th, 2017, 11:38 am

Hi jorg,

It may be cause, When your user data library haven't any pending users. Please add dummy users data with pending status and try it again.

Let us know if you still have any problem and concern.

sensorgrafie

Post by sensorgrafie » January 5th, 2017, 11:43 am

support_staff wrote:Hi jorg,

It may be cause, When your user data library haven't any pending users. Please add dummy users data with pending status and try it again.

Let us know if you still have any problem and concern.
Hi,

no, everything is good. I do not have any pending users so the output is correct. I just confirmed that instead of getting an web server error, I see now the header as an output.

Anyway ... I like to have a CSV file as output directly and not stored on my web server, which requires me all time to login via FTP and then download the file from there... which is not user friendly if you have to do it frequently.

Return to “Newsletter Subscription Form Pro”