Showcasing your talents through videos you make from the comfort of your living room is no longer a distant dream. Today, anyone who wants to share their knowledge or their gaming expertise can easily capture their own desktop screen and share videos online. A software like Filmora Scrn can be used for entertainment or professional purposes, and in either case, it makes the process of creating a video enjoyable and effortless.
We’ve created this detailed review of Wondershare Filmora Scrn with the aim of providing our readers with all the information they will ever need about this powerful screen recorder and video editor. So, let’s take a look at some of the most important features this easy-to-use software has to offer.
Tools for Screen Capturing –
- Recording your desktop with Filmora Scrn is a simple process that will not consume too much of your time. The Quick Capture option in the software’s welcome window will give you instant access to all of the screen recording tools this program has to offer.
- Once you’ve accessed the screen recorder mode, you can adjust the setting on the Recorder widget directly or you can head over to the Setting menu that lets you control all the parameters of the screen capturing process.
- The Screen tab allows you decide whether you want to capture a full screen or just a portion of it, while the fastest frame rate you can use in a screen recording session is 120 fps (for Windows).
- The software allows its users to choose whether or not they want to capture the Computer Audio and they can also select the microphone they want to utilize for the recording of the voice-over in the video. Furthermore, the Camera tab enables the software’s users to adjust the frame rate and the resolution of the webcam they’re using for the recording session.
- The Advanced tab in the software’s Setup menu lets users choose the location where the recordings they make will be saved, while the HotKeys option offers information about the keys on the keyboard that can be used as shortcuts.
- The latest update of the software labeled V2.0 also delivers a broader spectrum of video quality features specifically designed to produce smaller video files, you can choose to encode the recorded video in H.264 or FastJPG format with High, Mid or Low video quality.
- Once the settings have been adjusted, the Start Capturing button or the F10 key can be used to start a recording session. Filmora Scrn doesn’t place any limits on the video’s duration, which means that its users can create videos of any length.
Video Editing Tools –
- One of Filmora Scrn’s greatest advantages is its Video Editor, that enables users to edit their videos with the same software they’ve used to record them. The V2.0 version of the software comes equipped with a number of features that make the video editing process easy and fun. Filmora Scrn now offers better layer blending options, it allows its users to record voice-over after the screen recording session is over and it offers Blur and Mosaic effects in the Annotations tab.
- The new and improved borders for PIP and split screen videos are designed to make the footage look more professional and visually pleasing. Furthermore, the software’s video editor provides tools that enable users to crop videos, split or cut the video and audio files, while rotating a video or changing its playback speed can be accomplished with just a few simple adjustments.
- Even though Filmora Screen’s video editor delivers a fast and easy way to edit videos it still doesn’t offer advanced video editing tools. However, the V2.0 version of the Wondershare’s screen recording software brings a quick way to export files that can be further edited with Wondershare Filmora as well as other video editing apps.
The Export Features –
- Filmora Scrn supports an enormous amount of input file formats including AVI, H264, MKV or TS video files. Users can export video clips in MP4, MOV, GIF and MP3 formats, while HVAC/H.265 encoder option is also available to users that have devices that support this feature.
- Setting up the Export options in Filmora Scrn is a simple task that doesn’t require too much effort. Changing the resolution of the output video or the preferred frame rate requires you to just click on the drop-down menu and choose the setting that best fits the demands of your project.
- Users of the Wondershare’s screen recording software can export their videos to YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook or Twitch directly from the program’s Export window. You can change the name of your project, add tags and descriptions as well as increase or decrease the video quality, but you must make sure that you are signed in to your YouTube or Vimeo account in order to be able to complete this action successfully.
Which Types of Videos Can You Record With Filmora Scrn?
- Wondershare Filmora Scrn can be used to record literally any desktop activity you can think of. Tutorials, software review videos, all sorts of gaming videos and even movies you watch online can be captured with this fun and easy-to-use software. Furthermore, social media videos, the footage you can use for the promotion of the products your company is offering can all be recorded and edited with this software. Filmora Scrn will also enable you to produce visual content that has a very decent image quality.
Capturing Desktop Screens with a User-Friendly Software
How to use Software –
This software is so easy to use that even a child can learn all of its secrets in just a few days. In order to initiate a screen recording session, you first need to launch the software and select the Quick Capture option from the welcome screen. Before you start recording, you should head over to the Setting menu, where you can adjust video and audio options, and you can choose whether you just want to capture a screen or if you want to use the webcam and be visible to the audience while recording the desktop activities simultaneously.
The size of the area of the screen you want to record is adjustable, which means that you can use this software to capture a full screen or only a portion of it. After the recording session, the video will automatically be opened in the software’s video editor, where you can cut or trim the video clip, add annotations, highlight the cursor and insert captions or overlays.
Exporting videos from Filmora Scrn requires you to select the destination folder on your computer where the video will be exported and to set the preferred size of the file you are exporting. This software can also save you a lot of time by exporting a video directly to some of the most popular video sharing platforms on the Internet.
Why Should You Get Filmora Scrn?
The Wondershare’s screen recording software can be used for a wide array of purposes. If you would like to create a live stream, a let’s play YouTube video or a tutorial the provides its viewers with valuable information about a certain topic, then purchasing the Fimora Scrn is the right choice.
A one-year license to use this software costs only $19.99 while the lifetime license can be purchased for just $29.99. Regardless of the license you obtain, one thing is certain, you’ll no longer have to worry about the quality of the screen recording videos you share online.