Cannot Publish | Deletes images within gallery

Ask any plugin errors & bugs related issues here

Moderator: forum_m

jajingle

Cannot Publish | Deletes images within gallery

Post by jajingle » November 6th, 2014, 10:43 pm

I've made the same gallery 3 times and keep getting the same result.

I took a screen capture of what I do and what the result is and posted it here:
http://www.ssquinte.com/issue/Lightbox_ ... n_Fail.php

Basically, I add the 15 or so images then label/comment them all and click publish. Upon clicking publish the page appears to refresh without any of the work I did being saved. The images are all still in my media library but the gallery itself is blank. I can then use the browsers back button and return to a state where my work is there but can do nothing to save/publish the work.

I have successfully made other galleries, I know how and I know that the plugin has installed properly

I would like to know what I can do to make this gallery function. (Solution / debugging option / where do I go from her )

FYI, The contact us form on the weblizar web page is having a SMTP error and won't submit

Update: Now give the error message:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/ssquinte/public_html/wp-content/plugins/lightbox-slider-pro/lightbox-slider-pro.php on line 104

admin
Site Admin

Re: Cannot Publish | Deletes images within gallery

Post by admin » November 6th, 2014, 11:37 pm

Hi,

I think you have using currently old version of plugin. Can you provide me a temporary access of your site admin.

If will you accept my request then please send me your login credential at lizarweb[at]gmail[dot]com .

Thanks

jajingle

Post by jajingle » November 6th, 2014, 11:56 pm

I purchased this plugin 2 days ago. I can't imagine the plugin being out of date unless the link provided goes to an old version.

I will have to do a backup and get permission to share our password with you.

That likely can't happen until tomorrow; is there anything else I can try in the meantime?

UPDATE:
Wordpress didn't say the plugin needed an update but I found 1.1 on your site (I had 1.0). I have now deleted the former and installed the latest and am having the same type of issue. Publish will save the images as long as I haven't "Entered Image Label".

Apparently This is the issue:
Using special characters, things like " " ?, in your comments breaks the plugin and returns the error message :
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/ssquinte/public_html/wp-content/plugins/lightbox-slider-pro/lightbox-slider-pro.php on line 296

If I don't use ? " characters then the rest of things work.

Will this be corrected in a future update or is there a work around that I can use?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » November 7th, 2014, 3:26 pm

-->Apparently This is the issue:
-->Using special characters, things like " " ?, in your comments breaks the plugin and returns the error message :
-->Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/ssquinte/public_html/wp-content/plugins/lightbox-slider-pro/lightbox-slider-pro.php on line 296

Ok we will work on this problem and resolve it very soon.

And when you will provide us an access then i will able to get solution of your upload image problem. So when you will create an temporary account for me, then let me know.

Thanks

jajingle

Post by jajingle » November 11th, 2014, 1:57 am

The company is not comfortable giving you a login to our wordpress therefore I cannot give you a password.

I have no issues with photo upload. Photo upload to media library works and saving an image gallery works too.

The plugin breaks and deletes the content of the gallery when you add image labels that contain special characters like ' " ? or ! in them.

So, I can make a gallery but it has a bug.

Is there a work around?

Return to “Plugin Problem, Errors & Bugs”