Issues that I have been seeing with shortcodes in general

Ask Enigma Premium Theme Installation, Settings & Configuration, Problem, Error & Bug Related Issues Here

Moderator: forum_m

darkoned12000

Issues that I have been seeing with shortcodes in general

Post by darkoned12000 » February 22nd, 2015, 11:00 pm

Hello

I recently purchased the premium theme and I seem to be having issues with getting shortcodes in general to do simple things. Do these shortcodes support HTML tags? And is the shortcode widget builder not working properly? I will give an example, I am trying to construct a page with some tabs and seeing two different results with using the builder in visual mode and typing it in manually:

Code: Select all

[tabgroup tabs_title="Find a Friend"]
[tabs tabs_title="Find a Friend" wrap="yes" tabs_text="Search the member database for possible matches to your interests. Don't forget to be yourself, have fun and find a new friend to chat with and/or do things with.

You will only be able to see members depending on your access level, this is really only to help protect peoples privacy and prevent spamming the members of the community.

Testing list:
<ul>
<ul>
	<li>Test 1</li>
	<li>Test 2</li>
	<li>Test 3</li>
</ul>
</ul>
"/]
[/tabgroup]

&nbsp;

[tabgroup tabs_title="Find a Friend"][tabs tabs_title="Find a Friend" wrap="yes" tabs_text='Search the member database for possible matches to your interests. Don't forget to be yourself, have fun and find a new friend to chat with and/or do things with. 

You will only be able to see members depending on your access level, this is really only to help protect peoples privacy and prevent spamming the members of the community. 

Testing list:
<ul>
<ul>
	<li>Test 1</li>
	<li>Test 2</li>
	<li>Test 3</li>
</ul>
</ul>
'/][/tabgroup]

If you look at the code the first example this is something I wrote in manually using the shortcode. This code didn't work right until I used double-quotes on the tabs_text option (there is something wrong with using single quotes). Now on the second section, this used the shortcode builder on visual tab and not I am using the same exact text in the tab and using the single-quotes as your builder creates and look at the result here:

http://www.forgingfriendships.com/reaso ... iendships/

I am also using the 'Page Full Width' template if that matters and a child theme. (switching between child and parent themes didn't make a difference.) Do you have any good examples of using these shortcode in text form with html tags?

Thanks.
ForgingFriendships is my website using the Enigma Premium theme
It's still a WIP and could use feedback.

Return to “Theme Installation, Settings & Configuration, Problem, Error & Bug”