Creating a new slider from a template

Ask your query related with Ultimate Responsive Image Slider Pro plugin In this Forum

Moderator: forum_m

mrickan

Creating a new slider from a template

Post by mrickan » December 11th, 2015, 12:43 pm

Hopefully I haven't missed something obvious, but is there a way to create a template or copy an existing slider so that it can be used to create other sliders?

For consistency and for contributors who are less technically advanced, I'd like to maintain the same settings and allow users to simply add the images and post the shortcode without adjust the settings each time.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Creating a new slider from a template

Post by admin » December 11th, 2015, 5:08 pm

Hello Sir,

Use this https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicate-post/ plugin for cloning of slider post.

Thanks

mrickan

Post by mrickan » December 12th, 2015, 3:05 am

That was my first thought as well but while the images are copied, the settings for the slider aren't duplicated and it's the settings that are needed.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » December 16th, 2015, 12:10 pm

Hello Sir,

We have resolved this issue. You can download then latest update from your weblizar account.

Thanks

mrickan

Post by mrickan » January 3rd, 2016, 9:00 am

I just had the opportunity to give this a try and in WP 4.3 I find that the images are being duplicated as expected but the layout settings are not being copied.

Anything I can look for?

mrickan

Post by mrickan » January 4th, 2016, 4:04 am

Note as well that once I did the update, the existing sliders that I posted maintained their images but the layout settings all reverted back to the defaults.

Is it necessary to deactivate the plugin first prior to an update?

Not bad when you have a small number of sliders but a large number would be painful. ;)

Return to “Ultimate Responsive Image Slider Pro”