Pro Version: Images with fixed height and variable widths

Ask your query related with Ultimate Responsive Image Slider Pro plugin In this Forum

Moderator: forum_m

shiftagency

Pro Version: Images with fixed height and variable widths

Post by shiftagency » December 12th, 2016, 3:45 pm

Hi,

we use the Pro Version of the Ultimate Responsive Image Slider. So far a very nice Wordpress plugin! :) We´ve got a problem though.

We would like to use images with a fixed height of 520px and variable widths. Unfortunately I can´t figure it out how to do this. I tried different combinations of the "Slider Width"/ "Slider Height" in the Wordpress backend options as well as I overwrote some of the CSS styles. The slider automaticly resize all the images to the same width. Overwriting the styles had also the bad result of gaps with different widths between the images.

I can´t provide a link to the website but I hope you can help me anyway. It´s pretty important for us.

Thanx a lot for your help!

Kind regards,
Torsten

support_staff

Re: Pro Version: Images with fixed height and variable widths

Post by support_staff » December 13th, 2016, 12:26 pm

Please provide site url.we will check and fix the issue.

shiftagency

Post by shiftagency » December 13th, 2016, 8:22 pm

Hi,

thank you very much for the quick reply!

I can´t provide a site url. The project is still work in progress and our preview server is not for public access. I try to explain it as good and detailed as possible.

This is the current slider: The slider has an height (set by the plugin) of 333.333px and every image/slider item has an width of 500px (set as well by the plugin).
current-slider.jpg
The way the slider should work: Every image has an height of 520px. The widths of the images are different. So the slider should have an height of 520px and every slider item should have the width of the image in it.
should-be-slider.jpg
The current settings: As I already wrote, I can´t work out my requirements just by changing the settings. I guess there are some needed adjustments in the css and/or the js.
settings.jpg

Again, thank you very much for your help!

support_staff

Post by support_staff » December 14th, 2016, 11:52 am

Hello shiftagency,
if you want to use fixed slider height of 520px,
paste the following section of code in custom css-

Code: Select all

.sp-grab,
.sp-image-container{
height:520px !important;
}
Thanks.

shiftagency

Post by shiftagency » December 14th, 2016, 3:43 pm

Hi,

thank you for your answer. This still doesn´t solve the Problem that I would like to display the full width of every image in the slider. The class "sp-image-container" always has an constant inline style of "width: 500px" on every element. In my case, it needs to have the width of the image in it, not this constant value. When I try to override this value with css, the javascript calculation of the image position starts to get "confused". So I guess this is an javascript adjustment which has to be done.

Thank you for your help!

shiftagency

Post by shiftagency » December 19th, 2016, 9:12 pm

Hi,

is it possible to get an reply on my question about the javascript adjustment?

Thanx you!

support_staff

Post by support_staff » December 20th, 2016, 3:19 pm

Hello shiftagency,
the width set for the images will work for all the images together, to set width for individual image of its size is not possible.
Thanks.

Return to “Ultimate Responsive Image Slider Pro”