No Photobox animation or controls in Chrome

Ask any plugin errors & bugs related issues here

Moderator: forum_m

ecdave

No Photobox animation or controls in Chrome

Post by ecdave » April 22nd, 2016, 5:40 pm

We are having a problem with the Photobox style lightbox in Chrome. There are no controls on the screen, so you have to click the thumbs to view a new image, and there is no transition effect. The screen just goes blank for a couple of seconds between images. We have updated WP and all plugins, and the transitions work fine in Firefox. Here is a link to a gallery page on our development site:

http://cfweb8.yourwebworkspace.com/boun ... ip-photos/

This is one of the last issues we need to resolve before launching the site, so your help will be much appreciated.

support_staff

Re: No Photobox animation or controls in Chrome

Post by support_staff » April 23rd, 2016, 11:22 am

Hello ecdave,
we have tested your site on both- chrome and on firefox, saw all the images in slider..it is working fine and gallery is also displaying perfect. Please share screenshot where the screen goes blank.
Thanks.

ecdave

Post by ecdave » May 10th, 2016, 10:01 am

I'm sorry, I thought I'd get a notification if there was activity on this thread. I've made a 2-minute video that shows the behavior I mentioned in my first post. No arrows in Chrome, no animation, and longer transition times than Firefox. This client is obsessed with every detail of his website, and will never rest until this is resolved. We'd hate to have to find another gallery if this can be fixed. Here's the video, on a non-public link:

https://youtu.be/j2LW8R5UUzY

Thanks

support_staff

Post by support_staff » May 11th, 2016, 4:31 pm

Hello ecdave,
update your chrome version, the latest version of chrome is 51.0.2704.36, and it is working perfect on this version...it will definitely resolve the issue.
Thanks.

ecdave

Post by ecdave » May 11th, 2016, 6:25 pm

Chrome on my machine was already indicating that it was up to date, but I tried twice to upgrade to the latest version on the download site with no luck. Ran the installer, relaunched Chrome, still the version you see in the attached screenshot. In any case, I'm certain we will have to find another gallery tool. It seems like it should be compatible with very recent versions, and users aren't going to troubleshoot...the experience will be the experience. Our client will insist on a change.

Thanks anyway.
Attachments
screen-chrome-version.jpg

support_staff

Post by support_staff » May 11th, 2016, 6:34 pm

Hello ecdave,
I had the same issues in older version of chrome...but after updating that it got resolved. Here is the link for latest version of chrome-
http://filehippo.com/download_google_chrome/
Download it, uninstall the previous version and restart the system, hope it works for you.
let us know the results.
thanks.

ecdave

Post by ecdave » May 12th, 2016, 11:12 am

Uninstalled the old version of Chrome, now running Version 51.0.2704.36 beta-m (64-bit), exact same behavior...

support_staff

Post by support_staff » May 17th, 2016, 2:20 pm

Hello ecdave,
we tested your site many times but after updating the chrome version its working perfect. If the issue is regarding the working of plugin, we can help you but as you can see its working fine in firefox and other browsers. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Let us know for further assistance.
Thanks.

Return to “Plugin Problem, Errors & Bugs”