Upgrade to Pro question - external URLs

Ask Plugin Installation, Settings & Configuration, Problem, Errors & Bugs Related issues Here

Moderator: forum_m

jdw001

Upgrade to Pro question - external URLs

Post by jdw001 » June 29th, 2016, 11:38 pm

After using the 'Responsive Portfolio' plugin (free version), I upgraded to pro.

I installed the pro version and can't transfer my old portfolios over to the pro version of the plugin (separate menu to the 'non pro' version). Do I need to recreate them ?

Also, in the pro version, I seem to have lost the functionality to select an external URL. If I select 'add image' in any portfolia, I go straight to the wp media library and don't have any option to create a portfolio image from a link to an external url ?

I've disabled any plugins to rule out conflicts. (which there appear to be none).

Any suggestions ?

Cheers.

support_staff

Re: Upgrade to Pro question - external URLs

Post by support_staff » June 30th, 2016, 10:27 am

Hello jdw001,
you have to create the galleries again in the PRO plugin...and it is suggested to upload images by using "Add new Image button" from the gallery settings...it automatically crops the images into same size.
Thanks.

jdw001

Post by jdw001 » June 30th, 2016, 4:33 pm

Thanks very much for confirming that I need to create them again in the pro plugin.

You haven't, however, addressed my main question. The pro version is supposed to allow me to add an image from an external link (like the free version does). How do I do this ? From within the plugin, I click 'add new media'. I'm then given the option of uploading a new image, or selecting an existing image from the media library. I cannot work out how I am able to select an image from and external url (as I can do with the free version of the plugin).

Please advise asap. This is the key reason I purchased the pro version of the plugin in thew first place.

I look forward to hearing from you.

thanks,

joel

support_staff

Post by support_staff » July 1st, 2016, 11:13 am

Hello jdw001,
in the free version we are using single file uploader... so..you can add external url in it..as it will add a single image by the url. But in the PRO version we use multiple uploader...so images by Url cannot be added, as it will add a single image. For convenience..you can upload the images directly from media library.
Let us know for further assistance.
Thanks

jdw001

Post by jdw001 » July 1st, 2016, 11:28 am

Hi There,

The multiple file uploader is the issue. Had I know you had essentially' restricted' the ability to externally link to URLs I wouldn't have purchased the pro version of the plugin.

For the purpose I needed the plugin for, this change to the 'multiple uploader' renders the plugin unable to be used by me.

Maybe you could create an online demo version of the prop plugin so that potential buyers could try it before wasting money on plugin features that you've changed between the two versions.

jdw001

Post by jdw001 » July 1st, 2016, 11:28 am

BTW - I've diabled and deleted the plugin as I can't use it.

You should, therefore, close this thread.

support_staff

Post by support_staff » July 2nd, 2016, 1:40 pm

Hello jdw001,
We are sorry that our plugin is not fulfilling your requirements.And here is the link where you can see the demo of "Responsive Portfolio Pro" plugin- http://demo.weblizar.com/responsive-portfolio-pro/
And for the demo of backend i.e Admin panel- http://demo.weblizar.com/responsive-por ... dmin-demo/
Thanks.

Return to “Plugin Installation, Settings & Configuration, Problem, Errors & Bugs”