Parallax Scrolling technique is one of the recent scrolling technique in which the background images move slower as compared to foreground images. It creates an illusion of the two-dimensional site. This is a growing trend where most of the website designers can attract the users to brief them about the last piece of details present on the website. The companies can take the services from the professionals of WordPress development company to create such an illusionary effect on their sites.
Pros and Cons of Using Parallax Scrolling Technique
Here are some of the pros and cons of using Parallax Scrolling technique for your website. It is a user-controlled feature where the user can scroll down or sideways on the page.
- Increase in Visitor Engagement: The Parallax Scrolling technique helps in designing the seamless User Experience. The companies can use the WordPress design and development services for this innovative method to create excellent storylines. It increases the traffic on the website, and the total time users spend on the website.
- Visual Effects: It is one of the best techniques when the business houses are using visual content instead of plain texts. This facilitates the users to remember the things for a longer time.
- Great Product Page UX: The Parallax Scrolling technique provides great product page experience. The users can come to know about the storyline. It gives way to the responsive website when the users are using it on their laptops or PCs.
- Best Storytelling Technique: This technique is one of the best while presenting the story about the brand or a product line. The business houses can get an ideal way to present their stories as the users scroll down the website page. The brands can include different storylines too.
- Artistic Setting: The artistic way of telling about your products and services will create curiosity amongst the visitors. Many brands hire the experts to create digital sketches that render full information about the product line systematically.
- Not so Mobile-Friendly: The mobile experience with Parallax Scrolling technique is not so user-friendly. At some point, there comes a breakpoint and the site does not respond well. It is advisable to invest and take experienced services from the WordPress development company for creating the mobile parallax user experience.
- Performance of the Site: Most of the times the applicability of the Parallax Scrolling to the particular website makes it load slowly. This affects the SEO, traffic, conversion rate, etc. of the particular business site. The designers need to check out for speed performance and load testing too.
- Impact on SEO: If the designers are not able to build the SEO responsive website. Then it can affect the site responsiveness. Which as a result can make you lose your ranking on Google. The Search Engine uses the algorithm to test the seamlessness, so WordPress development professionals must focus on the SEO while designing such websites.
- Problems Related to Usability: The usability problems can occur in the Parallax website because if the content is heavy or much detailed information needs to be included then it may hamper the loading of the website. The designers need to think about how they can bring out the balance between creativity and responsiveness.
Comparison of Parallax Scrolling with Fixed Image Traditional E-Commerce Websites
The main difference between the Parallax Scrolling Technique and E-Commerce oriented theme is that in the E-Commerce Specific theme, the image remains static and the text moves as the user scrolls down the page. In the Parallax Scrolling, the image and the text both moves as the user will scroll down the website page but at a different pace. Let us now see some of the pros and cons related to Traditional E-Commerce websites:
Knowledge of Templates:
The designers are already aware of how the website will look like when they will finish the design. They just have to choose the right template and make fewer changes to provide a perfect look to the business website. However, in Parallax Scrolling the designers need to change minute detailing to run the image and the text.
- Affordability: The traditional sites are quite affordable as startups can use the free templates available online. They can register them later as soon as the sites generate traffic. For Parallax websites, the companies need to take WordPress development services in order to make the fully customized site right from scratch which can be little costly.
- The Speed of the Site: The traditional website designers use the right image size and quality to ensure the speed of the site. In Parallax Scrolling, the speed issue persists only if the service providers have not designed a seamless website.
- Have to Search for the SEO-Friendly Theme: The problem occurs if the developers are not able to find the CMS based SEO friendly theme or template. As a result, the site will not get enough traffic and conversions. Even in Parallax enabled websites, this issue may occur if professionals do not sort it out on time.
- Customization Limit: In traditional websites, the developers have a cap on customizing the website template, which is already available. However, there is no such issue with Parallax enabled websites.
- Identical Websites: The designers use the already available templates from the stores so most of the themes can be bought before you opted for it. This gives rise to nearly identical websites with only fewer changes. There is no such problem with the Parallax website, and users get unique UX and UI experience.
To sum up. It can be seen that both traditional E-Commerce websites. And Parallax Scrolling designed sites share some common disadvantages. Overall, the advantages of using the Parallax Scrolling technique cannot be ruled out completely since it has changed the face of marketing of products with the support of storytelling technique and great user experience. Parallax Scrolling has made many websites to stand over and above the online competition so it is best for CMS platform.
Harshal Shah has an countless experience as being a CEO of Elsner Technologies PVT. LTD: WordPress Development Company that offers various web development services to the clients across the globe. Mr. Harshal is an huge tech enthusiastic person who has written major & genuine articles as well as blogs on motley topics relevant to various CMS platforms. This can guide the readers to acknowledge new practises about web development and also they can learn new ideas to build & optimize a website online using multiple web development tools & techniques.