A PHP Framework is a basic platform that allows us to develop web applications. There are a number of good PHP frameworks, Symfony, Cake, Zend, CodeIgniter, Laravel and much more. PHP frameworks help to promote rapid application development (RAD), which saves your time, helps build more stable applications, and reduces the amount of repetitive coding for developers. Developers should utilize PHP frameworks for various reasons, but the main reason is for speeding up the development process, So the developer can do their work fastly.
In our blog PHP Framework For Web Development – 2016 , we have some PHP frameworks, which helps you to for selecting your best framework.
Laravel is a relatively new PHP framework (it was released in 2011), according to Site point is recent online survey it is the most popular framework among developers. Laravel is a free, Open-Source Frame Work. Some of the features of Laravel are a modular packaging system with a dedicated dependency manager, different ways for accessing relational database utilities that aid in application development and maintenance.
If you want to love beautiful code then Laravel can do that. Laravel is built to be simple, easy to learn and supports rapid application development.
1. Restful routing that manages all the client/server routes easily and connects resources smoothly.
2. Built-in unit testing and simply readable impressive syntax.
3. Laravel has An amazing tool Composer – that lets you manage your application’s third-party packages easily.
4. Intelligently designed to offer incredible flexibility to developers that help them create each and everything from small sites to giant enterprise applications.
5. An ORM that offers a beautifully simple Active Record implementation to work with your databases and is relatively faster than all other PHP frameworks.
Symfony is a Model-View-Controller (MVC) framework written in PHP that’s aimed at building web applications. The leading PHP framework to create websites and web applications. Built on top of the Symfony Components. The standard foundation on which the best PHP applications are built. Choose any of the 30 stand-alone components available for your own applications. Symfony is a PHP framework, which aims at accelerating the creation and maintenance of web applications and to replace recurrent coding tasks. Symfony is a database engine-independent PHP framework, which can be easily installed and configured, generates readable code with phpDocumentor comments.
1. Symfony is database engine independent. It is enterprise ready. Even for long-term projects, it is very much stable.
2. It is compatible with MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, etc.
3. Symfony is one framework which is easy to extend.
4. Data and interface translation are also allowed in Symfony.
5. Great data quality in the database.
CodeIgniter is another PHP framework that brings versatility to the table and has a very small footprint. It’s developed primarily for PHP coders with all sorts of experience who need a more simple solution to building web applications.
1. It has excellent Documentation.
2. CodeIgniter requires slightly additional setting.
3. It is a fast, reliable and lightweight framework.
4. Data Encryption, Full Page Caching, Benchmarking, Error Logging, etc are also possible with the CodeIgnitor framework.
5. CodeIgniter offers Active Record Database Support, Form and Data validation, XSS filtering and sessions management.
Yii is an open source, object-oriented, component-based MVC PHP web application framework. Yii has a Feature of Unit and functionality testing based on PHPUnit and Selenium. Yii is so much faster because it is using the lazy loading technique extensively. It is integrated with jQuery, and it comes with a set of AJAX-enabled features, and it implements an easy-to-use skinning and theming mechanism, so it can be a great choice for someone who comes from a frontend background.
Yii provides an extension library consisting of user-contributed components. This makes the above feature list never ending.
1. Yii supports automatic generation of complex WSDL service specifications and management of Web service request handling.
2. Yii provides an extension library consisting of user-contributed components.
3. Well documented.
4. Yii allows developers to model database data in terms of objects and avoid the tedium and complexity of writing repetitive SQL statements.
5. Yii supports message translation, date and time formatting, number formatting, and interface localization.
CakePHP is an open source web application framework. It follows the Model-View-Controller (MVC) approach and written in PHP. CakePHP makes building web applications simpler, faster and require less code. CakePHP uses well-known Software Engineering Concepts and software design patterns.
1. The most used feature encompassing the most frequent and imperative activities.
2. CakePhp has Built-in Validation features.
3. CakePhp used ORM(Object Relational Mapping) database.
4. Easily extend with plug-ins.
5. No Configuration.
1. Laravel – https://laravel.com/
2. Symfony – http://symfony.com/
3. CodeIgniter – https://www.codeigniter.com/
5. Yii – http://www.yiiframework.com/
5. CakePhp – http://cakephp.org/
I would highly recommend CakePHP, it has excellent documentation and an active PHP framework community.
Thanks For appreciating and reading this blog post.
You can also prefer Falcon it is also a high quality of framework very good to use. It is also a very best quality framework too.
Thanks for your response. we will implement this in future updates.
Laravel is Programmer’s Favorite Framework to built up a web application. Laravel has trusted open source PHP framework support eCommerce development and responsive web application. Fastest PHP Framework on PHP7 is most demanding.